BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Sunday 8 January 2012

2011

Seeing as I don't update my personal blog I might as well put this here.

Here are some of my favourite things that I put in my eyes and ears released in 2011

Film:
Thor
Source Code
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Drive
X-Men: First Class
The Guard
Snow Town
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Black Swan
True Grit

Music:
Trap Them - Darker Handcraft
Ben Marwood - Outside There's a Curse
Fucked Up - David Comes to Life
Chris T-T - Disobedience: Chris T-T Sings A.A. Milne and Words Fail Me EP
Touché Amoré - Parting the Seas Between Brightness and Me
Oxygen Thief: Destroy it Yourself


There were more, some disappointing (Rise Against - Endgame, Frank Turner - England Keep my Bones; I love him and there are some of his best songs yet on there, but there's some cack and it's not the masterpiece everyone's making it out to be. I'm not a blind apologist for his early stuff either. His best is still to come.)
Some that I haven't give enough time:
Russian Circles - Empros, Mogwai - Hardcore will Never Die, Oathbreaker - Mælstrøm

Comedy:
Louis C.K. - Hilarious, Live at the Beacon Theatre and the Louie series. The guy can do no wrong.
Marc Maron - This Has to Be Funny (if you haven't already, get stuck into his WTF podcast - WTFPod.com)
Patton Oswalt - Finest Hour

TV:
The Walking Dead
True Blood's still worth a watch
The Office (US) - I hadn't seen it at all until this year. For shame.
I also rewatched all of Quantum Leap. It went on for two seasons too many, but it was such a good show.
I also finally got on the 30 Rock and Breaking Bad trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment