BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Friday 5 February 2010

Rage 31st Jan - 5th Feb 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(novel)

I read Rage as a kid and am, thankfully, not one of those dicks who thought emulating Charlie Decker would be a good idea. When I initially read that Rage had been taken out of print in reaction to school shooting/hostage incidents, I didn’t realise just how many there had been. I, of course, live in the UK where Bill Hicks’ bit on hooligans isn’t exactly wild hyperbole. Kids generally take knives to school here, not guns.

I was going to say something about censorship and that, in this case, that conscience driven self-censorship, is sad and (I hate to use the word) unfair. People are dicks and insist on pissing in the punchbowl. However, I don’t have a particularly informed opinion on adolescent crime, the availability of firearms and the root causes of kids shooting up their schools and classmates. And I don’t really have the time to get one. So, I won’t waste my time or yours opining on it.


Why not read Mr. King’s own word on the subject - http://www.horrorking.com/interview7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment