BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Carrie - 14-18th Jan 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie-(novel)

I finished Carrie last night - first book down. Plenty to go. I read it quite quickly, but then again, it's a short book. It's one that I've read before, although I can't remember it being an epistolary novel - I know, go figure. I guess it must be nearly twenty years since I read it. Having already read the book and seen the film, there were no surprises with the general plot and, as a horror, it didn't really touch the sides. I no doubt rushed it in the race to get things going but it was a good introduction and proof that, even at his young age when writing, he had it.

Maybe I'll come back and say more, but the last thing I want to do is go down the reviewing road. That's not the point of this. It's supposed to be a blog of the effect of reading one of the most prolific and well known horror writers of our times.

No comments:

Post a Comment